Filing a Patent Application in Europe or Germany or a Utility Model in Germany
In this section information about foreign filings of patent applications in Europe and Germany and about regional and national phases in Europe and Germany of an international patent application is provided.
Detailed information about entry into regional stage in Europe and national stage in Germany or filings in Europe and Germany can be provided upon request. The following links provide information about the most important requirements.
- European Patent Application
- Regional Phase in Europe of an international patent application (PCT)
- German Patent Application
- National Phase of an international patent application in Germany as Patent Application (PCT)
- German Utility Model
- National Phase of an international patent application in Germany as Utility Model (PCT)
German Patent Application
A German Patent Application can be filed in any language, provided that a translation into German is filed within three months. The request for examination can be filed within seven years after the filing date. Since 1 October 2009 there is a moderate claim fee for the 11th and each following claim.
Re-establishment of priority is possible.