Filing a Patent Application in Europe or Germany or a Utility Model in Germany
We can support and represent you by filings of patent applications in Europe and Germany and by entry of regional and national phases in Europe and Germany of an international patent application.
Detailed information about entry into regional stage in Europe and national stage in Germany or filings in Europe and Germany can be provided upon request. Generally, we charge only a flat fee until receipt of the search report or first office action. The following links provide information about the most important requirements.
- European Patent Application
- Regional Phase in Europe of an international patent application (PCT)
- German Patent Application
- National Phase of an international patent application in Germany as Patent Application (PCT)
- German Utility Model
- National Phase of an international patent application in Germany as Utility Model (PCT)
German Patent Application
A German Patent Application can be filed in any language, provided that a translation into German is filed within three months after the filing date. The request for examination can be filed within seven years after the filing date. Since 1 October 2009 there is a moderate claim fee for the 11th and each following claim.
Re-establishment of priority is possible.
We can assist you in all aspect of filing and prosecuting a German patent application.